BIRTH DOULA SERVICES
* 2-3 prenatal home visits to discuss birth preferences, comfort measures and to address any questions/concerns
* on-going phone, text and/or email support
* 24 hour on-call availability 3 weeks before due date until birth
* continuous labor support at home, hospital or birth center
(my goal is to labor with you at home prior to going to hospital/birth center)
* photos taken, when I can, with your phone or camera
* postpartum support for approximately 60 minutes after birth, including breastfeeding support, if needed
* 1 postpartum home visit to talk about the birth, meet baby and to share resources you may need or want
$600 (half due at time of hire and the remaining due at last home visit prior to birth)**
LAMAZE CHILDBIRTH EDUCATION SERVICES
If you are not a fan of large, hospital-based childbirth education classes, I will provide you with Lamaze classes in your own home. This can be in conjunction with doula services or a stand-alone service.
* 3 two-hour sessions (this can be adjusted to fit your schedule)
During these sessions we will cover Lamaze’s 6 Healthy Birth Practices, stages of labor, medical interventions and their benefits/risks/alternatives, comfort measures for labor, early postpartum and breastfeeding.
$250 (full amount due at first session)
(This photo is from a Spinning Babies workshop! Check out spinningbabies.com for some great information.)
PRE-CONCEPTION PLANNING SERVICES
This class is in the works. Stay tuned for information on this valuable subject!!
** Sliding-scale fees can be discussed on a case by case basis. All women deserve access to a doula and childbirth education so that they have the tools needed for a positive birth experience.